Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Homework Packet News

Hello Parents and Students!

I have fabulous news!  Our school copier is working and the homework packets are made.  There is a brief letter on the front of your child's homework explaining the process.  Here's a little more detail for you.

Thursday 9-6-2012 Math Drops In the Bucket #1 and 2
                           Reading Makoto's Garden (front and back)
                           **Self selected reading for 20 minutes.  Record information
                           on reading log.
                           Spelling Study spelling words from list 3C

Friday 9-7-2012     Math Drops In the Bucket #3 and 4
                          Reading Hot Dog Wraps (front and back)
                          **Self selected reading for 20 minutes.  Record information
                          on reading log.
                          Spelling  Study spelling words from list 3D.  Write words 3
                          times each.
Monday 9-10-12    Math  Drops in the Bucket #5 and 6
                          Reading Basketball Practice (front and back)
                          **Self selected reading for 20 minutes. Record information
                          on reading log.
                          Spelling  Make index cards with spelling words on one side
                          and an illustration on the other.  Find someone to quiz you.
Tuesday 9-11-12   Math  Drops in the Bucket #7 & 8
                          Reading  Pond Day (front and back)
                          **Self selected reading for 20 minutes.  Record information
                          on your reading log.
                          Spelling  Have your student write their words in shaving
                          cream on the kitchen table.  It's fun to practice your words
                          and it makes the kitchen table really clean.
Wednesday 9-12   Math Drops in the Bucket #9 & 10
                          Reading The Rabbit Thief (front and back)
                          **Self selected reading for 20 minutes.  Record information
                          on your reading log.
                          Spelling  Give your student a quiz.  Tomorrow is the
                          practice test!

I hope this clears up any questions you may have.  I love to hear back from parents, so please let me know if you encounter any problems! 

Have a great week!

Mrs. Cowan

3 comments:

  1. Now that I've read it on here, I'm just more irritated. Why don't schools use/send textbooks home anymore for reference so we can help our kids?
    Every time I turn around I have to go get on my computer to get on Google or to check this thing just to make sure I have my child doing the right worksheet.
    This packet thing is very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's generally a budget issue. Textbooks are expensive. We don't send them home because they get lost. I'd much rather not make copies!

    I marked each page of the packet with the date it should be completed. I tried to make it easier. I'm going to call you, Joy, and we'll work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for everything! I bet it's just because I have a hard time focusing due to my being ill! Thank you for being so kind! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete