Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back to School

Dear Parents and Families,
    
I am excited to be your child’s third grade teacher.  I’m sending you this letter so you can know a little more about me.  I will be asking your student to write me a letter about them (and you).

This is my second year teaching third grade.  I have worked in various vocations for quite some time, before I returned to college.  So, I am a late in life college graduate with a lot of real world experience.  I graduated from OSU in 2010 with a Bachelor’s of Science in Human Development and Family Sciences.  I am currently student in the Master’s Education Administration program at OU-Tulsa. 

I have been on the other side of the teacher’s desk as a working parent because my daughter is 13 years old.  I am thankful to my husband and daughter who helped me live my dream to be a classroom teacher!  I can’t tell you how many nights, they have helped me cut out or make flash cards for my students. 

I am passionate about education.  I believe education can transform lives, it certainly has changed mine!  I believe your student has a right to learn and achieve in school.  I will help them set goals and exceed them!    

Some other things you may want to know about me…



Favorite color                Fuchsia Pink



Favorite animal              Zebra



Favorite bird                 Penguin


Favorite restaurant         Panera Bread, La Mansion, The Brook



Favorite drink                Java Chip Frappacino (Starbucks)
                                       or French Cappuccino from QT

Favorite book               “The Help”, “My Name is Sally Little Song”

Favorite genre               Historical fiction

# of Siblings                 2 brothers: Chris and Trey

# of Pets                      2 cats:  Mr. Kitty and Shug Avery

# of Schools                

11 schools:  Mitchell ES, Burbank ES,  Hoover ES, Indian Springs ES, Childers Middle School, South Intermediate High School, Broken Arrow High School, Tulsa Community College, Tulsa Technology Center, Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma.
 
            I look forward to meeting each of you in person and I am excited about all the great accomplishments your student is going to make this year!



Sincerely,
Mrs. Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment